ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] DRAFT ALAC Statement on Whois

  • To: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] DRAFT ALAC Statement on Whois
  • From: Erick Iriarte Ahon <faia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:17:35 -0500

Brett

I believed your draft statement can be helpful for the process, and i only support completely if we can include another point:

5. Regulation. Is necessary to understand that the national, regional and international regulation in privacy and data protection, need to be take in count for any kind of proposal, in special because the regulation of the countries need to be respected.

Erick

At 07:25 p.m. 28/06/2006, Bret Fausett wrote:
> Thanks, but no thanks.
> I believe that we are best served by letting the Task Force
> continue its work without additional attempts from ICANN to
> interfere with it until its process finishes.

My view is that the process is stuck and showing some leadership might help
the task force find a way out. I don't know that everyone sees a middle
ground, so pointing to it might help move toward an end. My perception is
that this has become a meeting largely about whois, so I'd like to see us
use this moment in Marrakech when attention is focused on the issue.

        Bret