ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] RE: [council] Request for issues report from ALAC

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] RE: [council] Request for issues report from ALAC
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:59:27 +0000

Bret Fausett ha scritto:
Please tell me if I have missed something.

Roberto,

This was announced during the public forum. When I responded to Bruce, I
assumed the ALAC had voted.

I think that there was a misunderstanding here, since Annette in fact announced it to the public forum, but we hadn't held the formal vote yet (but you couldn't infer this, only watching the public forum remotely).

I'll ask Bruce not to forward anything to the
GNSO Council until we've clarified the circumstances. The Bylaws require "a
properly supported motion from an Advisory Committee," we need to have a
formal motion and vote in order to proceed.

Agree. Annette, please let's get this sorted out asap, and Bruce, please pardon us (it's a first for us).
Thanks,
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...