If, on the other hand, this will have as a consequence that a PDP will be
started, I strongly believe that the GNSO has far more important things on
the plate right now (like the WhoIs, IDN, gTLDs) and that it will be
extremely unwise to add another one.

Regards,
Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison

> -----Original Message----- > From: owner-alac@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-alac@xxxxxxxxx] On > Behalf Of Annette Muehlberg > Sent: 04 July 2006 16:50 > To: Vittorio Bertola > Cc: Jean Armour Polly; alac@xxxxxxxxx > Subject: Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report > > We all agree, that this is an important issue for end-users > and the ALAC will take action in this regard. > > I am already in touch with Bruce, to ensure that we are > absolutely clear about the process and its implications, > especially about the question if, when an "Issues Report" is > requested, it automatically begins the PDP process. > > I think it would make sense, that we as ALAC form a > hypothesis first and maybe have it discussed with some more > experts eg before our conf call > (online) or live during our conf call the 10th of August. > Then, we could come up with a formulation of our concerns of > how domain monetization adversely affect Internet users and > ask the GNSO for an Issues Report. > > Best > Annette > > > > Vittorio Bertola wrote: > > > Jean Armour Polly ha scritto: > > > >> Now that we know the process, our chair may choose to call > a vote on > >> asking for an issues report on this topic. I believe it is > of vital > >> importance to end-users--although I am also quite sure > that most of > >> them have no idea what is taking place! Here is a chance > for ALAC to > >> shine and show that it really is looking out for end-users > by asking > >> ICANN to investigate the matter. > > > > > > I am in favour of the issues report, especially since it > doesn't force > > us to request a PDP (so, it doesn't harm). However, did > anyone discuss > > this idea with Bruce? I would just like to avoid misunderstandings, > > e.g. us being seen as going our way without listening, rather than > > cooperating with everyone else on this matter. > > Ciao >

--
Jacqueline Morris
www.carnivalondenet.com
T&T Music and videos online

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy