ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report

  • To: Jacqueline Morris <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Jacqueline Morris wrote:

I think that what we really want is for ICANN staff to look into it
and do a report of some kind that explains the situation, the pros and
cons the impact on the different constituencies, etc. If this report
shows that it is very impactful, we can then thinkabout moving
forward.

I would agree, although I have some concern that staff often appears to have trouble understanding the concerns of the various constituencies outside of ICANN itself.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor