ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report

  • To: sricciardi <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] DRAFT Request for Issues Report
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:17:34 +0200

sricciardi ha scritto:
Jacqueline is talking about a BRIEFING, which is, in many ways, different from an Issues Report: An Issues Report is NOT a briefing, and is a serious step in the GNSO Policy Development Process. If we feel that such a process is necessary, then we better talk with the GNSO and see what is the best way to handle this, following the usual procedures and Bylaws requirements.

Actually, Annette already wrote that she is in touch with Bruce Tonkin and she'll ask for an opinion on this idea. As the Issues Report doesn't necessarily force the PDP, I would go for it, unless we really get a negative reaction from Bruce and other GNSO people (did anyone ask Avri, for example?)

At the same time, I agree that the GNSO already has other things on the agenda; so I would not assume that, after having got the report, we should immediately ask for the PDP. But, at least, we'll have put the issue on the agenda.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...