ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] President's Committee on Strategy, and ICANN legitimacy

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] President's Committee on Strategy, and ICANN legitimacy
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:21:57 +0200

Wendy Seltzer ha scritto:
Let's hope the Board members' understanding of their fiduciary duties keeps them from going along with the subterfuge.

Yes, this is actually one of my main concerns, and if you notice, this is why our statements on the matter always conclude by urging the Board to examine the situation, meet their obligations and take action accordingly.

Perhaps it is because I've seen the ICANN 1.0 age, but I am always disturbed when I have the feeling that the top management is out of control, even if they use their freedom well. How can ICANN pretend to be a credible international organization, if the CEO alone can easily bypass its own institutional structure?
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...