ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Preparing tel conf

  • To: "Wendy Seltzer" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Preparing tel conf
  • From: shahshah@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:32:14 +0330 (IRST)

Following Wendy's suggestion and help, I posted the ALAC Issues List under
ALAC Projects. I also put in references to URLs of finished statements.
Please feel free to update or suggest changes and updates to me.
Siavash

>>>Can we shift some stuff to online discussion?
>>It would be great to try, though!
>
> And in that spirit, a few questions and notes:
>

>>>- self review (all of us should have finished comments/vote by thursday
>>>this week)
>
> Remember, it's <http://alacwiki.org/index.php/Self_Review>.  Sorry
> public list-readers, it's passworded.
> If you don't like it as it is, edit it!
>
>>>- vote on ALSes (due diligence forms should be completed the end of this
>>>week - Bruce?)
>
> yes to all.
>
>>>- regional RALO Roadmaps
>
> What has been done / needs to be done here?
>
>>>- operational plan
>
> Can we post this to the ICANNwiki?  Until we have a tracking system,
> at least we should put everything online where we can all refer to
> and update the same documents.
> It's also been suggested that ALAC should help to track compliance
> with existing policies.
>
> Siavash, can we post your list of ALAC issues to the ICANNwiki as
> well, and keep track on there of progress?
>
>>>- proposal for studies/polls
>
> IDNs.  Let's identify a few subsets of people in countries where the
> native language uses a non-ASCII character set and find a way to ask
> them what they'd most like to see in IDNs.
>
>>>- running two websites
>
> Let's stop the insanity.
>
>>>- set up of email lists
>
> I'm talking with Bruce this week.  Any particular requests?  Perhaps
> we can actually resolve this...
>
>>>- preparing next ICANN meeting
>
> Subcommittee??
>
>>>- procedure for drafting an MOU for RALOs
>>>- next tel conf
>>>- other issues
>>>
>>>on my way to Pisa now. Three more days and I will be back to Berlin and
>>>ALAC  ;-)
>>>
>>>best
>>>
>>>Annette
>>
>>--
>>Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School
>>Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
>>http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
>>Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org
>>

> --
> Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School
> Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
> http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
> Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org

IPM/IRNIC
P.O.Box 19395-5564, Shahid Bahonar Sq.
Tehran 19548, Iran
Phone: (+98 21) 22 82 80 80; 82 80 81, ext 113
Cell: (+98 912)104 2501
Fax: (+98 21) 22 29 57 00
Email: shahshah@xxxxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxxxxx