ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] tel conf schedule

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] tel conf schedule
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:35:53 +0200

Preparing our telefon conference, 16th of august, 13:30 UTC, I drafted the following:
check:

http://icannwiki.org/ALAC_Teleconference_Aug_16_06

Attendance:

_Erick Iriarte Ahon <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,3/Itemid,52/>_

_Jacqueline Morris <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,21/Itemid,52/>_

_Sebastian Ricciardi <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,1/Itemid,52/>_

_Izumi Aizu <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,4/Itemid,52/>_

_Xue Hong <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,12/Itemid,52/>_

_Siavash Shahshahani <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,20/Itemid,52/>_

_Vittorio Bertola <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,5/Itemid,52/>_

_Roberto Gaetano <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,10/Itemid,52/>_

_Annette Muehlberg <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,15/Itemid,52/>_

_Pierre Dandjinou <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,6/Itemid,52/>_

_Clement Dzidonu <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,8/Itemid,52/>_

_Alice Wanjira-Munyua <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,19/Itemid,52/>_

_John Levine <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,13/Itemid,52/>_

_Jean Armour Polly <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,2/Itemid,52/>_

_Wendy Seltzer <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,17/Itemid,52/>_

_Bret Fausett <http://icannalac.org/component/option,com_contxtd/task,view/contact_id,17/Itemid,52/>_

- report of liasons:
(x = reports given in written form before tel. conf. call)

x- Board (Roberto mail 11.08)
x GNSO (Bret, yesturday)
x IDN (Hong, yesturday)
x WHOIS (Wendy last mail from 12.08.) (point of contact proposal - anything to do for us or ALSes?)
- CCNSO (Erick)
- WIPO (Sebastian no more WIPO2 ?)
- PSC (Pierre)
additional:

- NTIA (Jaqueline?)

-* budget* (information by Bruce - /no info in advance/)

Proposal: Chair writes to Head of Finance and asks for the amount and procedures.

- *issues report* (Bruce- /no input yet/)

Proposal: one week of discussion for all, final decision monday next week.

- *self review* (all of us should have finished comments/vote by thursday this week - positive, most of us have been taking part.)

Proposal: Those, who decided "not yet" should tell why and make proposals for change. Consensus should be reached next Monday

- *vote on ALSes* (Bruce - due diligence forms - /no information all/)

-* regional RALO Roadmaps*
given in written form: EURALO (ALAC ok, that they start activities as outlined?)

others?

Bylaws: started synopsis, but this should be given to some professionals. I can prepare the paper until Monday.

- *operational plan* (Bruce, Siavash)

Proposal: Bruce tells a deadline until he will have finished the draft, first feedback by Siavash, then all of us

- *proposal for studies/polls* (Wendy/Annette)

Proposal: What we could do fast, is: Ask our ALSes and all individual internet end-users we meet in workshops etc. and using our website: "What questions do you have on ICANN policies?" We could use a tool for prioritizing. And come up with a list of questions most intersting for end-users and get ICANN-staff to answer them.

- *outreach material* (who is that staff? first define what we need, than find the adaquate persons to do the job)

- *running two websites* (Jean asked for inputs)

-* Newsletter*

-* set up of email lists* (Bruce - /no information - what is the state of the art?) /

how to deal with liasons to ALAC, how to better involve them?

- *preparing next ICANN meeting *(subcommittee?)
first draft of agenda in two weeks!

New form of scheduling. Sundays introductory workshops - ALAC should be put on the agenda on sunday.

- procedure for drafting an* MOU *for RALOs (Annette is going to set up a WIKI end of September and consults with Board)

- *Travel reimbursement *(e.g. still no reimbursement for some participants of EURALO meeting in MAY!!, timely ;-) questions by ICANN on Wellington receipts)

- *next tel conf*

- *other issues*