ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Draft v1 of BC comments on latest gTLD Guidebook

  • To: "'bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Draft v1 of BC comments on latest gTLD Guidebook
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:57:04 +0000

Per discussion on our 21-Apr member call, here is a draft framework for BC
comments on the 15-Apr-2011 Guidebook.

This comment period and docs are described at
http://icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/comments-6-en.htm
These comments are due 15-May, giving us 18 days for edits, review, and
approval.

For this initial draft, I updated our Dec-2010 Guidebook comments in several
ways:
- Acknowledged areas where ICANN made changes consistent with BC
recommendations.
- Moved all our RPM concerns to Module 5
- Asked several questions for BC members (in red)
- Added a proposed definition for "Single-Registrant TLD".   We may hold a
separate call on this.

All BC members are invited to suggest edits.     Please use track changes and
circulate to BC list.
I will assemble another draft version with all changes received as of May 1.

Below are the primary contributors from our Dec-2011 comments, organized by
module.

Module 1: Introduction to New gTLD Application Process and Fees.  (Berry Cobb,
Ron Andruff )

Module 2: Evaluation Procedures.    (Philip Sheppard, Jon Nevett,  Adam Palmer,
 Zahid Jamil,  Sarah Deutsch )

Module 3: Dispute Resolution. ( John Berard, Ron Andruff )

Module 4: String Contention.   ( Ron Andruff )

Module 5: Transition to Delegation; Registry Agreement, Code of Conduct, RPMs
( Philip Sheppard, Fred Fellman,  Berry Cobb, Jon Nevett, Sarah Deutsch )

Other notes:
In our SFO comments, the BC said the new gTLD communications plan should help
the world's businesses and users understand changes coming in the DNS.  But I
didn't see anything in the latest Guidebook about the Communications Plan. So
that comment was not reflected in the attached draft.

Steve DelBianco
vice chair for policy coordination