ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Proposal for meeting with .BRANDS

  • To: <martinsutton@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Proposal for meeting with .BRANDS
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:21:00 -0500

Thank you for sharing this with the members, Martin.

Two comments:

(1)   taking into consideration your comments about who from brands will be
in attendance in BJ, it seems even more important to send invite letters to
all brand TLD applicants to see if we can encourage more participation in
ICANN rather than have their consultants act as middlemen.  I have nothing
against consultants doing their job, but it is clearly better to have the
principals in the room rather than their filters if ICANN is going to expand
its mindshare in the business sector; and

(2)   your RA submission to ICANN was enlightening to read as it brought new
information to light that I had not considered.  Getting this kind of input
from the broader group of .BRAND applicants would be very valuable to the
community.  Can we look to you to evangelize the need of the rest of the
business community to hear and learn more from our applicant brethren?

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff

RNA <http://www.rnapartners.com>  Partners, Inc.