ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Regarding: Variable Pricing Proposal - Biz registry

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Regarding: Variable Pricing Proposal - Biz registry
  • From: "URLCOLLECTION.COM" <SALES@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:08:40 -0400

TO: Icann Board

Regarding: Variable Pricing Proposal - Biz registry

It was brought to my attention that the potential new contract for the .Org
- .Biz and .Info registries leaves a loop hole that could potentially allow
for blatant increased pricing to the registrant. It appears this pricing
would be left up to the various registries to control as they see fit, it
these contracts were adopted or would allow for a variable pricing model to
be established by the individual registries.

We would strongly oppose this portion of these new contracts and would
request that Icann rewrite the language to include price caps on any
increases so the pricing models of these domain extensions, does not simply
fly out of control, by the various registries involved. Also we urge Icann
to not allow any variable pricing models for any of the contracts involved.

Our corporation manages hundreds of thousands of domain names for clients
worldwide. Many are small to medium sized business owners that may not be
able to justify their internet presence if the pricing on their domain name
renewals and registrations were to spiral out of control. A number of these
clients are not-for-profit organizations and can hardly pay their domain
renewal fees now.

On behalf of our customers and our corporation, please review this contract
again prior to an implementation and allow price caps to be set to contain
any outlandish prices increases by these registries and to not allow any
form of variable pricing on all contracts issued.

Thank You in advance - Steve

Steve O'Brien
VP Corporate Marketing
CPi Sites, Inc. - Business Identity Group
Ph. 800-439-6040
URLCOLLECTION.COM <http://urlcollection.com/>  -  <http://www.NAMESTORE.COM>
NAMESTORE.COM