ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

no variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: no variable pricing
  • From: "carlos garcia" <godito@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:39:15 -0400

Planning to start a small company is no easy task. And one it's running, it
will sometime struggle to survive. As a business owner, I am opposed to yhe
propesed variable pricing of domain names.

I use the Internet not only as a source of entertainment and information,
but also to advertize and do commerce. Domain names cannot be free, we can
all agree to that, but it must also remain free of bureucratic influence and
easily available to everybody.

We want to see the internet grow, not decay due to sticker-pricing.