ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Say NO to variable Pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Say NO to variable Pricing
  • From: "Jon Merripen" <jmerripen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:20:14 -0700

This registry is, and should remain, a public trust.  Raising
registration prices even a little effectively chills out small
businesses or individuals, at the cost of less freedom on the internet.
While I agree a token amount is appropriate for rudimentary bookeeping,
the fact is, that it's virtually free to change and update this
register.  I find this back-door attempt to squeeze the
less-than-affluent off of the internet deplorable