ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposition to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposition to variable pricing
  • From: "Gary Raimo" <graimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:11:37 -0700

It seems to me and countless others that ICANN is the bidy in place to protect
the DNS system.  Not an elceted body but international in scope and without
loyalty to any one border.  The purpose for the organization is to serve the
"Net".  The "Net" has allowed the swiftest advances in Human History as an
unfettered, non-political interface for all people the world over.  The
Variable pricing scheme will jeapordize that by allowing DN registry pricing to
by unaffordable to common folkmaking the World Wide Web only open to the
wealthy.  This will set the world back significantly and definitely result in
upheaval and War.  I oppose this variable pricing and reccomend this be done
away with.