ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

we need price controls

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: we need price controls
  • From: "Curtis Walter" <curtisw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:02:27 -0400

As a small business operator, with substantial goodwill invested in

our domain names, I wish to express my strong opposition to the

lifting of price controls. One of ICANN's core principles is the

encouragement of competition at both the registry and registrar

levels. Such competition is incompatible with the kind of

unrestricted monopoly that these proposed agreements would create. I

therefore urge the board to reject the agreements.