ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Regions WG - Next Steps

  • To: "'board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx'" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Regions WG - Next Steps
  • From: David Archbold <david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:57:35 -0500

Dear All,

It was great to meet you in Mexico.  I hope you all returned home safely, and
that there wasn't too much waiting on your desk when you got there.  In my
case, my day job had to take priority for a few days, and so this email is much
later than I had planned.  Anyway, I have now created (and  attach) a template
for you to record your findings about the uses of Regions by your respective
AC/SO.  I've also included an example that I have completed for the ccNSO.  In
addition, there are copies available on the "Working Documents" page of our
wiki.

You will see that there is a column called "Category".  This hasn't yet been
defined, but for the moment I have used it to give a brief description of the
"kind of use" involved.  We can refine this as we proceed.

Please try to complete and circulate a template for  your respective
organisations by the end of next week.  I will attempt to complete on for the
ICANN Board/NOMCOM.  Although they are perhaps "out of scope", I think we
should also try to establish why the Regional Liaison Officers and ASO have
adopted regional organisations that are different from the Geo Regions.  I'm
not suggesting that we should interfere with these, but rather that their
reasoning may be helpful to our review.  Rob, would it be possible for you at
assist with this by, say, asking Theresa for some background?

I will shortly be circulating another template so that we can record what
"issues" we believe need to be considered in our review.  Watch this space!

Kind regards,

Dave

David A Archbold
Managing Director
Information & Communications Technology Authority
david.archbold@xxxxxxx<mailto:david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
www.icta.ky<http://www.icta.ky>