ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Comment Period Closed - Summary Posted

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Comment Period Closed - Summary Posted
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:50:56 -0700

Dear Members of the Geographic Regions Review Working Group;

The public forum on the proposed working group charter has now closed.  I
posted a summary of the two comments submitted in the forum this afternoon
(copy attached).  You'll be pleased to see that both comments were positive.
The next formal step will be Board review and consideration of the proposed
charter at its 23 April meeting.

As a follow-up to Dave's recent message, I am conducting a line-by-line review
of the ICANN Bylaws to capture any references to the Geographic Regions that
may not be included in the individual analyses you are all providing from your
groups.  I'm also trying to incorporate the ASO and other systems that use
geographic regions in their processes.  I know that Dave will appreciate all
our input as soon as possible to move forward with the Initial Report drafting
effort.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth