ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] RE: Further Research Contribution Re ICANN Geo Region Uses

  • To: "'Robert Hoggarth'" <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>, "'board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx'" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] RE: Further Research Contribution Re ICANN Geo Region Uses
  • From: David Archbold <david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:43:04 -0500

Dear All,

Firstly, my apologies.  I have been "snowed under" with my regular work over
the past few weeks and I'm afraid the WG has suffered.

Secondly, very many thanks to Olga and Robert for submitting their completed
templates.  I have now added these to the "Working Documents" section of the
Wiki.  I'm still hopeful that the ALAC members will be able to contribute!

Next Steps:

1. Our first report is supposed to cover not only the current uses of Regions,
but also the issues "which in the view of the WG need to be taken into
consideration to review the current and future uses and definition of the ICANN
Geographic Regions" (See our charter).  I did promise to create another
template on which to capture these issues, but I'm afraid it will be later this
week before I can circulate an example.  In any event, I see the template as a
simple list at this stage which records the various concerns and views of our
respective organisations. .e.g. the headlines from the GNSO Submission to the
Board.

2.  We have to more clearly define the "Categories of Use" on template 1.  I
think a teleconference on this subject would be useful (see below), but please
think about before then so that we can have a meaningful discussion.

3.  We then have to put it all together into the Initial Report.

I hope you have all seen the two public comments on our charter, and the
excellent summary prepared by Robert.  I imagine the first opportunity the
Board will have to consider the Charter will be at their meeting on 23 April.
Will it be on the Agenda, Rob?

Lastly, we're going to have to decide on a timescale for the next
teleconference.  Unfortunately, I'm going to be away from 11th to 26th April,
so I would suggest sometime during the week commencing Monday 27th April.  Rob,
could you put up a calendar again so that members can indicate their
availability.  Many thanks.

Kind regards to all,

Dave

David A Archbold
Managing Director
Information & Communications Technology Authority
david.archbold@xxxxxxx<mailto:david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
www.icta.ky<http://www.icta.ky>