ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Charter Update and Scheduling of Next Geographic Regions Review Working Group Meeting - Doodle: Link

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Charter Update and Scheduling of Next Geographic Regions Review Working Group Meeting - Doodle: Link
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:05:25 -0700

Dear WGGR Members;

As you know, the ICANN Board was scheduled to review and act on the proposed
working group charter earlier today. Although the Board's discussion is not
official until the minutes of the meeting are formally released, I wanted to
alert you that the proposed charter was not approved.  The formal minutes are
likely to reflect that some concerns were expressed about the proposed
membership of the working group - in particular, the fact that the NRO acting
as the ASO was not included as a member of the working group and the need for
more specificity with respect to the GAC's participation in the effort.

I have already had some post-meeting dialogue regarding the concerns and
several specific changes have been suggested that would apparently cure them. I
will circulate those suggestions in a separate message for you all to consider
and discuss on the list and at your next meeting.

Consistent with the time frame suggested by Dave, I have prepared a Doodle
scheduling tool targeting the end of next week and the beginning of the
following week for the next potential gathering of the group.

Please visit this Doodle.com link to indicate your available times -
http://www.doodle.com/we6i9tpam7bcfm3n

The link is also copied in the forwarded message below. The call will be
scheduled using all responses made before 28 April - or sooner, if all members
are able to respond faster than that date. If the initial times are not
appropriate, I will create a separate a new poll.

Looking forward to connecting with you all again.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth