ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

Re: [board-09georegionswg] Categories of Uses of ICANN Regions

  • To: David Archbold <david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [board-09georegionswg] Categories of Uses of ICANN Regions
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:51:15 -0500

Dave:
Yes, we do have some cross-cutting at play here. I would say we could safely
categorize all the Board intersections with geo regions as representation.
In respect of the RIRs, I should think the use is both representational and
operational; representation since the RIR represents another body in
distribution of a resource and operational since it delineates the
operational space for each RIR.  All references to ALAC are conculsively
representational.

Carlton