ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Geographic Regions Review Working Group - Pre-San Jose Update

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Geographic Regions Review Working Group - Pre-San Jose Update
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:00:51 -0800

Dear Geographic Regions Review Working Group Members;

As we all continue our various preparations for the ICANN Public Meeting in
Costa Rica, Dave Archbold has asked me to update you on anumber of Working
Group matters, including comments on the draft Final Report and activities in
San Jose at the ICANN Public Meeting.

Comments on Draft Final Report

Community members submitted several comments regarding the draft Final Report
document.  I have summarized them in a Staff Report and published that report
on the ICANN.org public comment page.  The link to the summary report is –
http://forum.icann.org/lists/geo-regions-draft-final-report/msg00013.html. I
have attached a copy of the report to this message for your convenience.

Consistent with the Working Group’s practice to carefully consider all
community comments, I also prepared an issue tracking checklist so that we can
record the ultimate disposition of each community suggestion.  I posted a copy
of the checklist in the public comment forum here -
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/issue-tracking-checklist-geo-regions-08feb12-en.pdf.
  Since completing the initial checklist, I updated the document.  The
checklist attached to this message is the latest version (v2) of that document.
 Please let me know if any of you would like to add additional issues or
discussion items to the checklist.

Needless to see there has been considerable community interest in your draft
recommendations since the draft Final Report was published.  Members of the
ICANN Board’s Global Relations Committee asked me for an update earlier this
month and I am sure that Dave will have a number of speaking invitations during
the week in San Jose.

Public Workshop Time in San Jose

As we’ve done for the five previous public meetings (starting in Brussels) a
workshop time has been scheduled to give communitymembers an opportunity to
share their perspectives on the working group’s efforts.  Like in Dakar, the
workshop for San Jose has been scheduled for Thursday, 15 March from Noon to
1:00 in theHeliconia Room.  I am hopeful that some of you will be able to
attend some portion of the workshop to interact withcommunity members. You
could even use part of the workshop time to discuss the next steps of the
working group efforts.

I presume that you will all be interested in convening shortly after the San
Jose meeting to discuss the issues in the tracking list and any other matters
that are raised by your communities, so I will circulate a scheduling poll
immediately after the San Jose meeting to identify the best time for you all to
get together.

I am looking forward to seeing many of you in San Jose.  Safe travels!

Warm regards,

Rob Hoggarth