ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-atrt2-recommendations-09jan14]

Complaint

  • To: comments-atrt2-recommendations-09jan14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Complaint
  • From: Derrick <derrickrb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:01:58 -0600

To whom it may concern,

As an Internet user, I dislike spam as much as anyone else. What's worse is when I receive it from domains that have been fraudulently registered. After submitting many complaints, I was dismayed by the lack of enforcement by the compliance department. For this reason, I submitted a complaint to the ICANN Ombudsman on October 8, 2013. After a very short period of time, the Ombudsman summarily dismissed my complaint as baseless. Complaints such as mine have been independently investigated by the Washington Post (see: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/how-violent-porn-sites-manage-to-hide-information-that-should-be-public/2013/12/06/e0861378-3773-11e3-ae46-e4248e75c8ea_story.html). How much longer will ICANN allow this lack of enforcement to continue? Internet users everywhere want to know the answer to this question. Please review the handing of my complaints by the ICANN Compliance Department and the Ombudsman. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Derrick Bacon