ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - wtf!?

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>, "policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx" <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: iCANN - wtf!?
  • From: Shawn Severinsen <shawnsev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:33:20 -0700

Dear people of ICANN,

I was shocked to find out that you are considering requiring domain contact
information to be made public! In a dangerous world of diminishing privacy,
this is totally unacceptable. I can't imagine that anyone would be ok with
their home address and contact information to be published online. I have a
small website that makes a little money but helps a lot of people. I will not
make my home address and phone public information. Unfortunately I will be
forced to delete that site and other smaller hobby sites.The risk to my family
is just to great. Too many weird people out there. I'm sure I'm not alone in
thinking this way. I urge you to keep private registrations private!

Thanks,