ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Comment on "Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (“PPSAI”) "

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment on "Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (“PPSAI”) "
  • From: Allen Smith <bigalakron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 15:54:02 -0400

I appreciate the opportunity to comment on the ICANN review of Privacy &
Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (“PPSAI”).  I am concerned that the
privacy of some registrants could be needlessly compromised by this
proposal to the point of putting some registrants in danger from those who
oppose opinions posted on the websites they publish.  I understand there
are current legal provisions to allow further investigation into the
identity of registrants who choose to keep their information from being
published.  I believe these provisions should be sufficient to allow
concerned parties (such as copyright holders) to pursue steps to identify
domain registrants.  Because of this, I strongly urge ICANN to drop the
proposal to roll back anonymity of registrants.

Thanks again for the opportunity to comment regarding this issue.

Sincerely,
Allen Smith