ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Arseniy Zlobintsev <arstorm.z@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:44:13 +0300

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document): my name is Arseniy Zlobintsev and I'm the citizen of Ukraine.
Not so long ago the people in my country had to fight for embracing democracy
in so called revolution of Dignity. One of the crucial parts of this fight was
providing information, thoughts and place for discussing ongoing events by
independent journalists, activists and any other people. Many of people were
deanonymized and faced politically motivated arrests by Yanukovich's
government, however there was a lot of people who managed to stay intact due to
ability to keep running their blogs and websites without disclosing information
about themselves. Nowadays there are people, who report about events ongoing in
southeastern part of my country suffering from separatists supported by Russia.
Without privacy these people will be pursued by separatists and inability to
keep site owner info in private might expose a lot of people to risk.

So I strongly urge you to support ability to keep personal info in private as
an essential pillar of democracy as a process in our world.

Thank you for attention,

Regards,

Arseniy Zlobintsev

Sent from Mail for Windows 10