ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ssr-fy14-06mar13]

personal comment from David Cake

  • To: comments-ssr-fy14-06mar13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: personal comment from David Cake
  • From: David Cake <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:21:12 +0800

I notes the significant effort involved in preparing the FY13 Security,
Stability and Resiliency Plan, and I personally, as a member of the Security,
Stability and Resiliency Review Team, note and welcome the progress towards
implementing the recommendations of the Security, Stability and Resiliency
Review Team Report.  While work so far has seen the completion of only some
recommendations, I see  planning and progress has been made for all the
recommendations, and I appreciate the commitment to full implementation.

I supports the definition of ICANNs SSR role and remit. In particular, I value
the acknowledgement of areas that lie outside ICANNs remit, and I strongly
agrees that ICANNs role does not include law enforcement or determining what
constitutes illicit conduct.

I welcome the explicit acknowledge of the necessity of a continued
multistakeholder approach to security, and notes the inclusion of civil society
within all discussions of the Internet and security ecosystem, and particularly
welcomes the inclusion of engagement with civil society on privacy and free
expression issues as a commitment for FY14.

Regards

David Cake
Former SSR Review Team member