ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-tld-acceptance-initiative-18jun14]

APTLD Comments on Universal Acceptance Abridged Roadmap

  • To: comments-tld-acceptance-initiative-18jun14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: APTLD Comments on Universal Acceptance Abridged Roadmap
  • From: Don Hollander <gm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 07:24:14 +1200

Please find APTLD’s response to your draft paper on Universal Acceptance
recently published seeking comments.

Universal Acceptance, particularly for IDN ccTLDs, is an important issue
for APTLD and many of our members.

We will be happy to continue working with ICANN to see this issue address
in the wider software communities.

One informal suggestion that has come up in our member discussions is to
have a price or an award program for software developers who address this
issue.  We’re not sure how it will work, but if you think there may be
value we can work together on this.

Don

Don Hollander
General Manager