ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

Cyber Safety

  • To: <cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Cyber Safety
  • From: "Sue Allen" <sallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:34:59 -0800

To Whom It May Concern:
   I am writing in support of the proposed Cyber Safety Constituency.  It is
important that as the Internet continues to grow that less organized, vocal,
and visible groups also have a voice in ICANN.

     I work in Technology Support for a school district in California.  In our
district about 80% of the students do not speak English at home, and almost 90%
are low income.  Their parents are not well-educated and cyber-savvy.  It is
important that we consider the ramifications to these families as changes are
made in Internet procedures.  We have had issues in our community of prison
inmates using their Internet time to recruit our students into gangs.  This is
not a good use of the Internet!

    Thank you for your support for children and families.

Sincerely,
Susan Allen

Susan Allen
Technology Support