ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

Yes to Charter

  • To: <cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Yes to Charter
  • From: "Tyler Ahlstrom" <tyahlstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:35:55 -0600

This new charter is definitely a great idea and needs to be approved. I have
often come across pornography and other inappropriate material while on the
internet even though I do not seek it out. Pornography has seemed to have
taken over the internet in many ways and makes it an undesirable and
unacceptable tool for many people who do not want to see it. I am also
worried about children being online and having such harmful material being
so readily available, and coming across it by happenstance.

This charter would protect all of those, children and adults, who do not
want to have to deal with being bombarded with sex while on the internet.
Those who want to find pornography may do so if desired on other ports,
without disrupting other internet users. It is a win-win situation and can
and should be passed.

Tyler Ahlstrom