ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[domain-tasting-motion]

Re: [ga] domain tastinmg comments

  • To: chris@xxxxxx, GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] domain tastinmg comments
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:09:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

<HEAD>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16608" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=compText>
<P>Chris and all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; I believe we are on the same wave length, Chris.&nbsp;
<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff
2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: chris@xxxxxx <BR>Sent: Mar 30,
2008 1:46 AM <BR>To: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, GA <GA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Cc:
domain-tasting-motion@xxxxxxxxx, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx <BR>Subject: Re: [ga]
domain tastinmg comments <BR><BR>ï <ZZZHTML><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA
content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"><ZZZMETA
content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16608" name="GENERATOR">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=2><STRONG>1. Correction of typographical
errors made by registrant. </STRONG>Double Opt-In or a verification process
built into the website can take care of this completely and provides less
hassle for everyone than canceling and re-registering a domain name. The low
cost of domain names also means that registering the wrong name and having to
people.</FONT></DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>2. Cart "hold" to provide access to domain names
</STRONG>Explain this one for me. This is a total non-issue and not necessary
at all.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>3. Fraud remedies </STRONG>The 5-day Grace period does not
address this issue. Registrars and Registries can deal with credit card fraud
like everyone else on the web.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>4. Monitoring, testing and development of systems.
</STRONG>Give me a break. No real systems are tested or developed using the 5
day grace period. You mean to tell me there are companies who are going to
spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to do testing and development but do not
want to pay the $10 for the domain name during the process? Please give me some
examples of companies doing this so I can contact them about becoming their
business consulatant because I can definitely do a better job than whoever they
have now. The 5-day grace period does allow for tasters and kiters to test the
domain names and develop a garbage webpage to do so. So #4 is pretty much for
domain taster testing and development. I guess that is why #4 is here.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>5. Addressing Registrant 'Buyer's Remorse' </STRONG>Double
Opt-in or secondary verification handles this just fine. Or, the registrar is
welcome to create their own policy of giving refunds to there consumers if they
drop the name back into the pool. But I guess the registrars don't want to
create their own buyer's remorse policy like other companies have to. A
registrar or registry could create a policy that gives the user another domain
name to replace the one they decided they did not want after all. Plus what is
the percentage of domains dropped for this reason VS the percentage of domains
dropped because of tasting and kiting? Nominal, therefore a pretty moot
point.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chris McElroy, NameCritic, Inc.</DIV>
<DIV><A
href="http://www.mostwantednewspaper.com";>http://www.mostwantednewspaper.com</A></DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=2>'Regards,<BR>Jeffrey A.
Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders
strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;
Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not
with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" - Theodore
Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the
burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied
by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll
Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir.
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG.
INC.</FONT></DIV></ZZZBODY></ZZZHTML></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>