ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-recommendations-idn-cctld-selection]

My comment on the draft policy

  • To: draft-recommendations-idn-cctld-selection@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: My comment on the draft policy
  • From: Petko Kolev <petko.kolev49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:06:06 +0300

Dear All,

I support the comments by EURID and UNINET, however there is something
else that needs to be addressed in the next drafts.

In Section 5 -> Transitional arrangement Fast Track IDN ccTLD -> 2.
the text is the following:
"If an IDN ccTLD string request submitted under the Fast Track Process
is still in process or has been terminated due to non-­‐validation of
the string, the requester may within three months after implementation
of the policy request a second, final validation review."

Here it is not clear who will review those strings - the Similarity
Review Panel, the Extended Process Similarity Review Panel, both of
them (first the SRP, if rejected again the EPSRP?), or a third entity?
I propose that this should be clarified in subsequent drafts, to avoid
any misunderstandings.

Best,
Petko