ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Information classification proposal

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] Information classification proposal
  • From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <carlos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:41:58 -0300

Hello everyone,

<disclaimer>
This is the first ICANN-related WG I'm involved with, so perhaps this is
already covered somewhere. If so, please disregard :-)
</disclaimer>

As a possible idea geared towards facilitating and enabling information
disclosure and exchange within the DSSA and its sub-WGs I would like to
propose we consider using a lightweight information classification scheme.

Under this proposal, a disclosing or contributing party SHOULD tag
documents with the keywords {public, reserved, confidential}.

Possible definitions for these terms would be:

- public: self-explanatory, information and data contained within a
contribution can be made publicly accesible
- reserved: information and data contained within a contribution is NOT
to be made publicly available but each member could share it with the
constituency each represents
- confidential: information and data within a contribution is to be
shared among DSSA members ONLY

We could work a little more on the definitions so they are most
applicable to our environment, these definitions are only "off the top
of my head".

Given the amount of participants within the WG I think this could help
all of us make sound decisions regarding information sharing and could
offer disclosing parties a form to express sharing policy.

regards

Carlos
--

Carlos M. Martinez