ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] a thread for Dakar-meeting feedback

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] a thread for Dakar-meeting feedback
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:19:35 -0500

another thought for this (nicely lively) thread

just saw a presentation from ICANN Compliance in which they declare their
mission to be:

"To preserve the security, stability and resiliency of the the Domain Name
System and to promote consumer trust."

have we missed any Compliance-related vulnerabilities or threats in our list so
far?  one of the topics they talked about in their slides was Registrar
data-escrow -- i suppose that would fall in the "failover" pile, but we're
mostly concentrating on registries in that area.

keep the conversation-starters coming -- we'll sort out what we do with them in
subsequent meetings, we're in "brainstorming, information-gathering" mode right
now and any suggestion is allowed.

clearly-defined scope.  i'm mostly taking Jeff's suggestion to mean "be really
clear about that in your report, and be prepared for some disappointment."

mikey
phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com