ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] a thread for Dakar-meeting feedback

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] a thread for Dakar-meeting feedback
  • From: "James M. Galvin" <jgalvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:09:03 +0000

On Oct 25, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Mike O'Connor wrote:

have we missed any Compliance-related vulnerabilities or threats in our list so far? one of the topics they talked about in their slides was Registrar data-escrow -- i suppose that would fall in the "failover" pile, but we're mostly concentrating on registries in that area.

We may be overlooking something here. Consider that COM and NET are both thin registries as compared to all other gTLD registries. This means that the data you want to be escrowed is only found at the registrar.

Jim