ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] a thread for Dakar-meeting feedback

  • To: bmanning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] a thread for Dakar-meeting feedback
  • From: SM <sm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:12:50 -0700

Hi Bill,
On 10/27/2011 4:44 PM, bmanning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>       why do you think that it would only occur near the end user?
>       as outlined by the good folks doing RPS, it can occur anywhere
>       there is a cache, proxy, or forwarder....

There will be arguments that forwarder and "proxy" is a local decision.
 I don't think it will only occur near the end user.

Quoting from a message to the list:

  "DNS firewalling will become ubiquitous in the same way
   that antispam technologies did."

Let's put a question to the group:  Is DNS firewalling acceptable?

Regards,
-sm