ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] RE: Revised Draft Confidentiality Guidelines

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] RE: Revised Draft Confidentiality Guidelines
  • From: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:58:52 -0500

Mikey,

I'm OK with all of your thoughts except on the last point. I understand
the reasoning but the dynamics concern me.

The approach seems to put the vouched-for person in a constant state of
probation if he or she has to be concerned about getting another sponsor
each time a previous one might leave. If someone is trusted enough to be
added, I think that the person should stay until demonstrating an abuse of
the trust. Of course, that should apply to us originals as well as
newcomers.

Don