ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[eudrp]

WIPO Proposal for Modification of UDRP Rules to Allow "Paperless" UDRP Proceedings

  • To: "eudrp@xxxxxxxxx" <eudrp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WIPO Proposal for Modification of UDRP Rules to Allow "Paperless" UDRP Proceedings
  • From: "Gerber, Sandrine" <Sandrine.Gerber@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:46:44 +0200

Dear Sirs,
We took good note of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center proposal,
addressed to ICANN on December 30, 2008, which suggests the implementation of a
paperless UDRP proceeding, or eUDRP.
In a general way, we are favourable to a facilitation of the proceeding and to
the control of the costs, taking into account the environmental impact.
We therefore see no objection that the UDRP will be conducted electronically,
as the rights of the parties, in particular their right to be heard, seem to be
respected. In this regard, we welcome the continuation of the written notice to
the holder of the domain name that a complaint was filed against him.
Yours faithfully,
Sandrine Gerber, av.
Sandrine Gerber, avocate
Droit & Affaires internationales
Service juridique des marques

Tél. direct  +41 (0)31 377 72 70
Fax       +41 (0)31 377 79 06
mailto:sandrine.gerber@xxxxxx

Institut Fédéral de la Propriété Intellectuelle
Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Berne

www.ipi.ch<http://www.ipi.ch>