ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] RE: [gnso-whois-wg] Dutch Govcert procedure

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] RE: [gnso-whois-wg] Dutch Govcert procedure
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:19:49 -0700

Dr. Dierker and all,

  I for one agree.  And Dan made a very good case as to why.

  I do however believe that this sgb can come up with some rules
and/or requirement by which SOME banks can be certified or
licensed for third party access to Whois data if those rules
and/or requirements are specific, stringent and have independent
review/examination by a non interested group.

  However I far and away favor no Banks/financial institutions becoming
third party accessors as the cost of doing so are far too prohibitive.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827