ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

Re: [gnso-ccwg-dt] FW: [council] Cross community working groups

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ccwg-dt] FW: [council] Cross community working groups
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 23:04:46 +0100

Thanks Jeff, it does and I also think that is the point I understood you to be
making.

My point is that is true of any group. If I sit on a GNSO WG, I can either
speak as an individual or as a registrar rep. I am saying that there is always
a need for that distinction to be made and for me to state on behalf of whom I
am speaking, but that is not a reason to ban me from the group if I am not
there as an individual.

I think the same applies to a CWG, i.e. I can be on that group as a registrar
rep if the RrSG so wishes. And I should be allowed to do that, as long as I am
always clear on who's behalf I am speaking at any given moment.

Hope that makes my point clearer as well.

Thanks,

Stéphane