ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

[gnso-ccwg-dt] Revised principles "chart" for your review

  • To: "gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Revised principles "chart" for your review
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:01:53 -0800

Hi all,

Attached please find a revised Principles "chart" for our next call, which will
be finalized shortly for 22 November (time TBD).  Those who were able to
participate at the last meeting may recall that we decided to reformat the
draft principles for CWGs into a chart form that would include a column for
"rationale".  I took the liberty of providing some draft ideas for rationale
that might expedite the drafting of these points.  Please feel free to toss
these and provide your own - just intended to be helpful.

On last week's call, the DT also asked the GNSO Secretariat to reach out to
several people who had previously expressed an interest in joining the group,
and several names have been added to the DT list as a result.  We are setting
up a wiki page for this group which will be made available later this week.
Participant information will be updated on that page.

The group further confirmed its intent at the appropriate time to seek support
from the GNSO Council to solicit the participation of other SOs and ACs to
collaborate on these draft principles once this group agreed the draft was
ready to be shared with those key stakeholders. This could be done by
circulating a preliminary set of principles for input subject to final GNSO
comment, or by inviting SO and AC representatives to join a drafting team for
that purpose.  The DT may wish to confirm these steps at an upcoming meeting.

Please review the attached, noting that the draft language under "Rationale"
are my personal thoughts at this time and nothing more.  All edits appreciated.

Best regards, Liz