ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

Re: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Comments on the 22 Nov 2011 version

  • To: gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Comments on the 22 Nov 2011 version
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:22:26 -0600

hi all,

i'm with Chuck on this one -- the folks who chartered the DSSA made it nicely
clear what their expectations were from us.  they told us to go look at
something of broad interest to the community, spread the word far and wide
about what we are doing and come back to the AC/SO's with a report when we
finished.  all of that is contained in our charter and was thought through in
advance.

the thing i really like about that is that it provides us co-chairs a really
crisp definition of what our sponsors want from us, and really clear direction
on how to interact with the community.  good chartering is key to this stuff.
if the charter is murky, it's important that the WG leadership group head back
to the sponsors for clarification and approval.  otherwise the WG can find
itself improvising -- and running into trouble if they make bad calls.

i like have the aircover of a good charter that's endorsed by the AC/SOs (i can
lose the word "deep" by the way -- it just worked that morning when i was
writing those do's and don'ts).  i'll drop a reply on to that thread too.

mikey

On Dec 6, 2011, at 11:10 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Why wouldn't the changes I proposed work for the DSSA example?
>
> Chuck

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com