ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

[gnso-ccwg-dt] Meeting invitation to discuss ccNSO feedback on draft CCWG Principles

  • To: "gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ccwg-dt] Meeting invitation to discuss ccNSO feedback on draft CCWG Principles
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 01:24:30 -0700

Dear members of the Cross-Community Working Groups (CCWG) Drafting Team (DT),

As you know, the ccNSO recently provided additional feedback to the GNSO on the
draft Principles that were developed by this DT and adopted by the GNSO Council
in March 2012. The most recent communication on this from the ccNSO was
received in June 2013, following an April 2013 request from the GNSO Council
that the ccNSO add to its initial feedback that had been discussed between the
two Councils at the 2012 Prague meeting.

We hope you will agree that it is now timely for this DT to reconvene, to
review the ccNSO's feedback and propose next steps to the GNSO Council,
possibly in time for the next ICANN meeting in Buenos Aires. Given that it has
also been some time since the DT last met, the DT may also wish to devote part
of its first reconvened meeting discuss a few administrative issues such as the
election of a new DT Chair, updating DT membership and setting the time and
frequency of future meetings.

ICANN staff has created a Doodle poll to see if DT members will be available
sometime during the week beginning 9 September. We would be grateful if you can
fill out the poll with your availability (or lack thereof) for that week:
http://doodle.com/dmngq2hv5bciyugb

For your convenience, here is:

 *   The wiki page for the DT:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoccwgdraftteam/Home
 *   The Draft Principles::
http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-principles-for-cwgs-23dec11-en.pdf
 *   The recent ccNSO response:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/ccnso-comments-cwg-principles-11jun13-en.pdf

Thank you! Julie and I look forward to working on next steps on this project
with you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary Wong