ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

[gnso-consensus-wg] Re: GNSO Consensus Group Strawman Agenda

  • To: Jonathon Nevett <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consensus-wg] Re: GNSO Consensus Group Strawman Agenda
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:36:57 -0700

And the applicable Board transcript portion attached .......

RobH

On 7/3/08 10:33 AM, "Robert Hoggarth" <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In preparation for tomorrow's meeting/call, Glen and I have been putting
together a "strawman" agenda (set forth below) that the group is welcome to
expand, edit, modify or completely replace.

Because of our tight time schedule and because so many of you have been
traveling or catching up on your professional lives over the last several days,
we thought it would be important, in real-time, to first clarify and confirm
agreement on the group's working process/ground rules and to let each
representative clearly express his/her interests and goals entering into the
process prior to starting a substantive conversation.

For convenient reference, I have also attached the portion of the transcript
from the 26 June Board meeting during which the Board specifically discussed
GNSO Improvements and the formation of this group.

Looking forward to the call tomorrow.

Best,

Rob Hoggarth

Proposed "Strawman" Agenda For First Meeting/Call of GNSO Consensus Working
Group

I.     Roll Call of Constituency/AC representatives

II.   Confirm Meeting Agenda and expected length of meeting (initial call
currently blocked for two hours)

III.   Process:

**    Record keeping - confirm call recording  and broader access (if any) to
deliberations
**    Clarify availability expectations - 100% meeting attendance?
**    Clarify understanding of Board "consensus" expectation
**    Agree on "consensus" definition for purpose of this group
**    Agreement on internal group drafting process - including work tools
(e.g., private or public wiki), drafting responsibilities and expectations for
responsiveness to draft documents - internal deadlines and expected final result
**    Agreement on meeting schedule

IV.    Substance:

**   Opportunity for opening remarks/statement from each constituency/AC
**   Discussion of Philip's Options Paper and any other documents shared with
the group

V.     Confirm Next meeting day/time and Adjourn

# # #