ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

[gnso-consensus-wg] Re: GNSO Consensus Group Strawman Agenda

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-consensus-wg] Re: GNSO Consensus Group Strawman Agenda
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:07:29 +0200

hi,

I have some comment/questions on some of the agenda items.

On 3 Jul 2008, at 16:36, Robert Hoggarth wrote:

Proposed “Strawman” Agenda For First Meeting/Call of GNSO Consensus Working Group

I.     Roll Call of Constituency/AC representatives

II. Confirm Meeting Agenda and expected length of meeting (initial call currently blocked for two hours)

III.   Process:

** Record keeping – confirm call recording and broader access (if any) to deliberations
**    Clarify availability expectations - 100% meeting attendance?

are we discussing whether everyone is required to be at every meeting?

**    Clarify understanding of Board "consensus" expectation

How are we going to do tis. Is the Board going to be present to give us their thinking on the matter?

**    Agree on "consensus" definition for purpose of this group

Doesn't consensus mean 100% agreement. I do not expect we are going to use the consensus policy definition of the consensus as we have no notion of voting, weighted or otherwise.

I would think we would have the same problem defining a decision procedure other then complete consensus that we have defining the structure for the GNSO council. I.e. I think this topic is as big as the whole question we have to answer. E.g. do we need consensus on our definition of what consensus means, etc ...

** Agreement on internal group drafting process - including work tools (e.g., private or public wiki), drafting responsibilities and expectations for responsiveness to draft documents - internal deadlines and expected final result
**    Agreement on meeting schedule

Does this include discussion of the possible face to face? If this is going to happen I think we need to know immediately. Or at least I need to know immediately.

IV.    Substance:

** Opportunity for opening remarks/statement from each constituency/AC

And the nomcom participant as well?

** Discussion of Philip’s Options Paper and any other documents shared with the group

V.     Confirm Next meeting day/time and Adjourn

# # #

A question on attendace at the meeting. Is it going to be restricted to the:

6 current constituency
1 nomcom
1 ALAC
? GAC (has someone come forward?)
2 staff

or can we expect other staff members other then Glen and Rob?
Also, is the list restricted to just these people?

thanks

a.