ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Re: GNSO Consensus Group Strawman Agenda

  • To: "Robert Hoggarth" <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jonathon Nevett" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Re: GNSO Consensus Group Strawman Agenda
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 02:20:46 -0400

Thanks Rob.  The agenda looks like a good start.  It seems to me though
that we need some clear objectives for the meeting.  I think we should
try to come to agreement on what we want to achieve in the meeting
before proceeding too far.  As a starter,  I think it would be good if
we could at least achieve the following by the end of the call:

1. Agree on methodology & schedule.  This should probably include
logistical information ((teleconferences, in-person meeting, email,
etc.) and at least a rough idea about what working methods we plan to
use to reach consensus on GNSO structure (e.g., exchanging & debating
proposals, using a mediator if needed, negotiations, collaborative
development of a solution, etc.).

2. Agree on what feedback each of us need to obtain from our
constituencies or groups before the next meeting so that we can maximize
our efforts in that meeting.

Chuck