ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Draft 14 July Meeting Report

  • To: "Robert Hoggarth" <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Draft 14 July Meeting Report
  • From: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:57:29 -0400

Robert:
I think something important is missing from these notes.

You will recall that I specifically inquired whether there was anyone who did
_not_ support the principle of parity between the two user stakeholder groups.
Initially Chuck spoke up about "issues" related to representativeness, but then
assured the group that he did support voting parity for the user SGs. Thus, my
understanding is that the group did agree on the principle of parity across the
two user stakeholder groups. I think that needs to be noted.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org <http://internetgovernance.org/>