ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

[gnso-consensus-wg] a possible wrinkle

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-consensus-wg] a possible wrinkle
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:19:52 -0400

Hi,

Again apologies for what may be considered by some as a disruptive question, but these occur to me while jogging and when i can't answer them by myself, I figure I should ask the group in the effort to leave no stone unturned.

One of the conversations included a mention that the ISPC constituency was as much Provider as it was Consumer/User. Additionally during our conversations with Roberto, he indicated that perhaps some of the companies involved in this constituency could fit into at least 2 different stakeholder groups.

So, my question, while we are dealing with the complexity of a bi- cameral solution, a complexity I still do not see the value in, is it perhaps worth considering that some the commercial user side of the ISPC would situate itself in one chamber, while the provider side of ISPC would situate itself in the other.

a.