ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] a possible wrinkle

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] a possible wrinkle
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:43:23 -0400

Avri:

Not unless they sign a contract with ICANN that requires them to adhere
to Consensus Policies.  The two chambers would be one for contracted
parties and another for non-contracted parties.  If the distinction were
providers vs. non-providers, the provider chamber arguably should be
even broader than registries, registrars, and ISPs.  There are dozens of
categories of providers that enable business/consumer users to operate
safely on the Internet.

Thanks.

Jon