ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: FW: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: FW: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:37:03 -0400

Sorry for the late reply - I have been off-line most of the weekend.

I was replying to TOny who mentioned that one SG could effective veto any policy vote, because the original proposal required a 2/3 vote from both houses, and except for the trivial case with only one council member per SG, each SG would have more that 33.3% of the votes.

This can be addressed trough any number of models. I was suggesting that one such model would be at least 2/3 in one house and at least 50% in the other.

Alan