ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] GNSO Consensus Current Thinking
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:47:30 +0200

On 23 Jul 2008, at 08:10, philip.sheppard@xxxxxx wrote:

Also, the BC does not support an imposed non com chair - we prefer an
elected chair with majority of both houses

Do they approve of an independent chair and if so are you looking at:

- the idea of a slate of candidates to choose submitted by Nomcom
- nominations of people from the outside by the house and then a vote similar to that for directors.

Or are you thinking of someone who comes out of one the houses.

Also, if the chair is no longer an independent brought through the Nomcom process, the dropping of Nomcom presence in the council from 3 to 2 becomes a problem again. As I have explained, I think the independant/public interest presence is already too low.

a.